4. Race (number)

5. Time (in Replay):
29:20

6. Rule(s) applicable:
10, 2

7. Boat(s) involved:
Laj

8. Description:
I was sailing stb tack, Laj was on port. Laj did not keep clear and forced me to tack to port to avoid collision. After that he deliberately bore away to stop me (revange?). Since Laj intencionally forced a collision with another boat (and stopped it), I believe he broke RRS 2.

Since I lost one place because of Lajs manouver, I hereby would like to ask the PC to consider giving me a redress.

9. Print Screen attached (required fo a manual protest):
ScreenShot28.jpg
ScreenShot28.jpg (353.43 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
10. Replay attached (recommended):
laj2

Re: MLS S13, Race Day 2, Group green, Race 6, P+R

Post by laj2 »

Hi Ryh,

I'm sorry for crashing with you at the finish line. It was of course not the intention. It was a marginal cross and I thought I could pass in front of you. My error was starting bearing away too late. If I had bore away a little earlier, then I think there was a fair chance that my stern would have lifted clear of your bow. But I was late bearing away, so there is no doubt that I broke rule 10.

I did absolutely not intentionally crash with you after the first impact. I was bearing away to get clear of your bow. You luffed at the same time, which unfortunately made the situation bad for you, as we stayed perpendicular. I had then already gone full rudder to starboard. When I realize that you also turn in the same direction as me, I luff to reduce impact. Then I bear away again to get clear.

The second collision was a consequence of the first collision, and would not have happened without it. If you had tacked earlier, I would still have had a penalty, and you would have had a clear path to the finish line.
Toppen

Re: MLS S13, Race Day 2, Group green, Race 6, P+R

Post by Toppen »

Facts :
Ryh00 was STB, and near finishline
Laj2 was on port, and near finishline
Laj2 received RRS10 and started his penalty turn
Ryh00 tried to avoid contact, tacked and was full stopped by Laj2
Tiki finished 11th
Ryh00 protested and finished 12th
Laj2 completed his penalty turn and finished 13th

Conclusion :
Laj2 failed to keep clear according RRS10, and completed his penalty turn
Ryh00 protest ACCEPTED
Ryh00 can be RDG 11th according to MLS Rules 3.5.1(e)
Therefore, Tiki keeps 11th here, because it's his finishing place

Note :
No RRS2 broken in this case from Laj2, because of a misunderstanding between the 2 players :
If Ryh00 continued his course on STB and Laj2 did what he did (beared away), Ryh00 would not have been stopped completely after the contact
If Laj2 continued his coures on port over finishline and Ryh00 did what he did (tacked), Ryh00 would not have been stopped completely after the contact

MLS Protest Committee

Return to “Race Day 2”