1.Your registered Boat Name:PEtter

2.Race Day:5

3.Group (colour):Top

4.Race (number):5

5.Time (in Replay):10:45

6.Rule(s) applicable:11

7.Boat(s) involved:Stievie, Petter and Jimi

8.Description:
I hail RTT towards, Jimi but he clearly doesent tack on time. But I also see Stievie changes his course making it even harder for me to avoid colloision.
I later protest jimi for this same occation. He makes an invalid protest not including my name for the same occation.

9.Print Screen attached (required for a manual protest):

10.Replay attached (recommended):
Toppen

Re: Season 12, Race Day 5, Group Top, Race 2, Cancel Explanation

Post by Toppen »

Hi Petter, hi PC members and hi all,

Firstly :
I want to say that I will not take part of the Protest Committee for this case because I have a team mate involved...

Secondly :
Your RTT call here was wrong according to MLS Rule 2.7.iii, and Jimi tried to tell you before your RTT call, as you can see the picture below...
2.7 Add to rule 20.1: She shall not hail if:
iii. the obstruction is a starboard boat fetching the mark.

And no rule broken from Jimi according to MLS Rule 2.8 :
2.8 Add to rule 20.2 (b): A boat does not have to respond to a hail from a boat that is breaking instruction 2,7.iii.

Thirdly :

Jimi didn't need to write "P" in chat, because you received a Nadeo Pen according to MLS Rule 3.4 :
3.4 Protest on a boat that has taken a VSK Penalty

A penalty from VSK shall be considered as a valid hail for protest from the boat that "gave the penalty". This means that this boat can file a protest after the race, if the penalty was not taken correctly, or if the penalty should have been different than a one-turn penalty.

Thanks, good evening,
See you

Toppen
PC Admin

Re: Season 12, Race Day 5, Group Top, Race 2, Cancel Explanation

Post by PC Admin »

Facts:
Jimi to windward of Petter on port tack, on a collision course with Steviekouris on starboard tack.
Steviekouris is fetching the mark.
Petter hails RTT.
Jimi responds late and begins to tack right after Petter begins his tack.
Right after completing his tack, Petter get a penalty from the VSK umpire under rule 11, which he cancels.

Conclusion:
Because Steviekouris was fetching the mark, Petter broke rule 20.1 as modified by MLS rule 2.7 iii by hailing RTT.
Jimi did not break rule 20.2(b) as modified by MLS rule 2.8 by ignoring Petter's hail.
Petter to be scored DSQ in the race.

MLS Protest Committee

Return to “Grande Finale”