Submission Type:P

1.Your registered Boat Name:zee-pol

2.Race Day:2

3.Group (colour):red

4.Race (number):2

5.Time (in Replay):9.15-9-30

6.Rule(s) applicable:11

7.Boat(s) involved:Costa

8.Description:Alex HDT's yacht, while on the left tack, caused a collision with my jack. After the impact, my yacht started to pull back and was hit by PC Costa who was not avoiding a collision, Alex after turning right tack forced me to sharpen the course and the galaxy yacht did not give me room to yield and a penalty of 18.2.A. A just penalty which, unfortunately, I did not cancel, and this is my fault. The yachts Aleks and Galaxy sailed unfairly breaking rule 2.

9.Print Screen attached (required for a manual protest):

10.Replay attached (required):
Attachments
Zrzut ekranu (4).png
Zrzut ekranu (4).png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 3408 times
Seemann-MLS(03'01''96).Replay.Gbx
(2.99 MiB) Downloaded 300 times
PCosta

Re: MLS 12 Day 2 Group Red races 2 protest-Costa

Post by PCosta »

Hi,

I inform you first that the protest was submitted after the deadline, according to MLS rule 3.1.2. Therefore, it should not be analyzed.

Regarding the incident, I would like to clarify that the penalty occurred due to a crash between the boats Alex HDT (port tacked) and Zee POL (starboard tack). The boat Zee POL, after crashing, started to reverse abruptly in my direction, not giving me enough opportunity to stay away.
My penalty was due to an error on the Alex HDT boat.

I would like to clarify that it was never my intention to give a penalty too Zee, the penalty was due an error of Alex hdt.

Sorry for the bad English. I do not speak English. I used a translator.

Paulo Costa - PCosta BRA SAT
PC Admin

Re: MLS 12 Day 2 Group Red races 2 protest-Costa

Post by PC Admin »

Facts:
Protest submitted after the protest time limit (MLS rule 3.1.2).

Conclusion:
Zeepol to be given +1 point according to the scoring paragraph in the Sailing Instructions.

Note:
Zeepol, it is not necessary to protest for a situation that includes a penalty cancellation. The situation will be examined by default.
Paolo Costa, it is mandatory to submit a penalty cancel explanation if you cancel a penalty. See MLS Rule 3.2.3. Without submitting an explanation, the boat will be disqualified by default, even if the cancellation was justified.

MLS Protest Committee

Return to “Race Day 2”