1. Your registered Boat Name: Kenny

2. Race Day: 4

3. Group: Red

4. Race : 3

5. Time (in Replay): 9:48

6. Rule(s) applicable: 10, 2

7. Skipper(s) involved: Albervita

8. Description: Sailing in the zone of the 1st weather mark:
1) Albervita and Kenny are on a collision course within the zone of the 1 weather mark.

2)Kenny luffs to avoid contact and is forced to pass head to wind.

3) Kenny then has to pass head to wind a 2nd time.

4) Kenny slows to 6.4 knots due to Albervita's violation of the rules and Kenny's action to avoid Albervita

5) Kenny entered the 1st weather mark's zone up to 2 boat lengths ahead of Black Pete and CrazyDoc but

6) CrazDoc is able to pass Kenny on the 2nd leg due to the incident with Albervita.

7) There is NO doubt that Kenny would have reached the 2nd mark's zone well ahead of CrazyDoc if Albervita had obeyed they RRS and not fouled Kenny.

The best evidence as to how much time and speed I lost is to look at my radar, there you'll see that I am clearly well ahead of the other STB boats by at least 1.5 boat lengths. See the link to my game's live view here:

Thank you
Ken

9. Print Screen attached: (required for a valid PROTEST) Yes

10. Replay attached: (optional) Yes
Attachments
Week 4 REd Server Race 3 see Albervita.Replay.Gbx
(4.65 MiB) Downloaded 405 times
Albervita Day 4 Race 3 Red Server Screen Cap 002.jpg
Albervita Day 4 Race 3 Red Server Screen Cap 002.jpg (1.49 MiB) Viewed 6141 times
Albervita Day 4 Race 3 Red Server Screen Cap 001.jpg
Albervita Day 4 Race 3 Red Server Screen Cap 001.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 6141 times
Spirillen

Re: Season 9, Day 4, Red Server, Race 3 Redress Only

Post by Spirillen »

Kenny on starboard tack is to fetch 1st top mark.
Following Kenny is CrazyDoc, windward to Kenny and approximatively 1.5 to 2 boats length clear astern of Kenny.
Albervita arrives at 1st top mark on port tack and tacks in the zone.

Albervita breaks rrs10 (stb vs port) and also break rrs18.3 (forcing Kenny to luff above close hauled and avoid a colllision.

When both of these boats pass the mark, Albervita is clear ahead of Kenny (due to a contact caused by Kenny and proplusing Albervita clear ahead).

At and from this moment, clear and best choice for Albervita, is to bear away and do her penalty turn and not interfere with any boat that has no pen at that moment.
Instead, she luffs and put herself trapped (for clearing her pen a.s.a.p) in between Kenny (leeward) and CrazyDoc (windward).
As a matter of timeline : Albervita starts to luff and do her penalty turn 42sec after being sanctioned by the Nadeo Umpire.

Albervita, while having a pen is interfering with Kenny, keeping sailing ahead and windward to Kenny, causing Kenny to suffer of Albervita's bad air.

Decision :
Albervita DNE for breaking rrs2
Kenny RDG, given as 1 point.

Return to “Race Day 4”